Blogger Profile

Name: La Nina
Location:
  New Jersey

I'm a Jersey girl without the big hair or the accent (well, most of the time anyway), but with all of the bad driving and the penchant for weekly manicures.
Oh, and I'm an interior design student. That's how all of the weird terminology comes into play.

View My Complete Profile

Thursday, December 09, 2004
Blue(s) Resist
BLUE RESIST - A type of fabric using a resist dyeing technique and blue dye. Popular in Eighteenth-century England and the United States. (From Whitton, Interior Design and Decorating 5e, Prentice Hall, 2002)

Congrats to Aussie Mama (my newest link and a very funny site!) for her entry in my blues contest so an ecard is coming her way!

At the time that I thought this entry up, I thought that my contest had completely gone over like a lead balloon so I got my mind going to do it myself. (Note: I didn't seem to mention yesterday that you can indeed write about yourself. I know we all feel this pain. Heck, I'll keep the contest open until Monday for you multitaskers needing more time.....) With harmonica at the ready, here we go!


Does ANYBODY remember this movie?

The Multitasking Blues

I'm a blogger called La Nina,
I have no freakin' time
For life, for love, for work, for school
Or Difficult by Design

Chorus:
I've got the multitasking blues
Yeah, the multitasking blues
Caffeine is my only muse
How I'd love to take a snooze
But baby, I'll tell ya, I've got the multitasking blues

So I study on the subway
And I'm blogging in my sleep
I do my Christmas shopping during lunch
It's enough to make you weep

Chorus

My man is up in Boston
I'm off to see him tonight
I'll do my project on the bus
Since I can't afford a flight

Oh kids, I've got the multitasking blues
Yeah, the multitasking blues
I ain't got time to lose, but

I'm gonna blow my fuse
Dang baby, I'll tell ya, I've got the multitasking blues


That's right the muuuuuuullllll, titaaaaaaaaaasking---- bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues....

yeah.

I'll be back on Monday, ladies and gentlemen! Don't forget to tip your waitress.

    posted by La Nina @ 7:40 AM  

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOBODY remembers Adventures in Babysitting, except for you and me.
- CavalierX

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adventures in Babysitting? You bet! Great movie.

~Brad
http://almostlucid.com

12:38 PM  
Blogger Aussie Mama said...

Hey, you got the music in you, great lyrics.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Who DOESN'T remember Adventures in Babysitting?! Those who don't, need to be forced to. Atrocious. lol. It ranks up there with.. with.. Mannequin.. well.. almost anyway.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Curator said...

Never saw the flick. Blues is the spice of life however.

TGIF.

4:57 AM  
Blogger p-dookie said...

I don't know about the movie, but that is/was the late/great Albert "The Iceman" Collins on guitar standing behind the chick in the coat....

4:49 PM  
Blogger La Nina said...

Ha. I'm very proud of you all. That was indeed Adventures in Babysitting with Elisabeth Shue in her, ahem, breakout role. Well, other than Karate Kid of course. (What the heck ever happened to her? I guess The Saint was quite the career killer)

And of course YOU would know the blues legend, Mr. P-Dimmer. Extra kudos for you.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home