Blogger Profile

Name: La Nina
Location:
  New Jersey

I'm a Jersey girl without the big hair or the accent (well, most of the time anyway), but with all of the bad driving and the penchant for weekly manicures.
Oh, and I'm an interior design student. That's how all of the weird terminology comes into play.

View My Complete Profile

Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Homespun
HOMESPUN - simple fabric with irregular, tightly twisted, uneven yarns giving a homemade appearance (from the Dezignare Interior Design Collective Glossary)

I am writing this entry from my living room. You have no idea what a relief this is for me.

Of course, I can’t seem to get Blogger to work very well at the moment. (Note: Blogger was sucking so very much that I actually wrote this yesterday in the wee hours of the morning. Whatever.) However, that is but a trifle. To simply be able to go to my desk, turn on a computer and type without having to worry about when my next work assignment might turn up or who’s approaching behind me (save for a certain city parking authority who acts as everyone’s Big Brother in order to ascertain when one will next be moving one’s automobile -- don’t ask) feels like such a luxury after I’ve been without for several months.

I'd love to be able to say that The Cow finally fixed my damn computer, but the fact of the matter is my parents took pity on me and gave me their old iMac. Boy am I grateful. I'm still working out the transition from PC to Mac operations, but I'm also typing this in the morning before I go to work. Not a bad tradeoff, that. This should easily hold me over before I move to the complete-with-computer-lab-and-exercise-room dorm in May. (The dorm is another story for another time I feel...)


"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." LUKE, CHAPTER 2: 13, 14 (I'm not a huge Bible reader but this seemed superiorly appropriate even in my melodramaticism)

In other news, I made huge breakthroughs in sewing last night. So get this:
I sewed.
Three seams.
By myself.
Rock on.
I cut the fabric myself too. :) Ah, the things one can achieve in this life.

    posted by La Nina @ 5:07 PM  

2 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Deep Respect. I, on the other hand, having found this morning that I was down to my last pair of clean-and-respectable black trousers, am wearing them, even though I still haven't mended the backside seam so it only has one line of stitching over a couple of inches instead of two. At least I have a long black coat to wear for today's funeral, so if it does pop in mid-ceremony I'll be the only one who knows!

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graet Blog. I have found another blog that may also be useful. You can find it at contemporary interior decorating

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home