Blogger Profile

Name: La Nina
Location:
  New Jersey

I'm a Jersey girl without the big hair or the accent (well, most of the time anyway), but with all of the bad driving and the penchant for weekly manicures.
Oh, and I'm an interior design student. That's how all of the weird terminology comes into play.

View My Complete Profile

Monday, May 16, 2005
Boxing
BOXING - Mixing paint by pouring from one container to another several times to ensure thorough mixing. (from the Golden Glow Paints Glossary of Paint Terms)

Lately I find that I can't eat.

First of all, I don't have any food. If I did have food, I wouldn't have anything to cook it in, as my pots and pans are packed. Even if I did have anything to cook it with, I have no plates to put it on and no utensils to aid me in the consumption process. All of it is packed and sealed into labeled boxes.


Feels like a song and dance routine, but it's really not.


It's very disconcerting to have a home that's not functional. I mean, sure, I've bought plastic utensils and paper plates (though I forgot the cups -- that made me very irritable the first time I wanted a glass of water), and managed to retrieve the microwave out from underneath the boxes the living room where my dad had put it on Saturday. However, I truly miss my beloved crock pot (I had all of the ingredients ready for another batch of chicken and dumplings and had to toss them. Egads!) and dislike the idea of ordering a pizza just for me. So much goes to waste.

In addition to the 20+ boxes currently blocking my view of the loveseats -- don't cry for me, Argentina, those things are not very pretty and far from comfortable -- I've thrown out at least a dozen large garbage bags' worth of stuff. It's amazing the smorgasbord of completely useless bits and pieces one can accumulate in 5 years of living in one spot. Receipts for tarot reading sessions, MC Hammer pants, the dashboard to a Daewoo Nubira, a lock of Andy Warhol's hair, silly things like that. Thank goodness for storage closets, or else I would have been buried in my apartment ages ago.


Time for a fun and exciting game of "Where's Nina?" (or ¿Dónde está La Niña? in my name's native language)

One thing that this sense of displacement has given me is an even larger desire to finally see this move through to completion. (Odd how excitement can make time speed up and slow down at the same time without resulting in inertia. But I digress.) All I know is that I won't be able to rest until this is over, and I haven't even packed the bed yet.

    posted by La Nina @ 3:52 PM  

8 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

This is the worst part of moving, but just think how great it will be once you're all settled. Give me a break. I'm trying to be positive here.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Müzikdüde said...

...but I see you have a computer on which to blog...

1:03 PM  
Blogger La Nina said...

Ha. I knew I was still coming to the office for a reason....

2:59 PM  
Anonymous pinksundrops said...

Oooh it's getting closer. The final days. Paper plates and plastic utensils, you know they're good memories later on. No not really, I'm just kidding. Good luck sweetie!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

Ahhh, the scent of cardboard!

GOod luck with your move!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous pinksundrops said...

Hope things are going well.

1:08 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Good luck with the move. I hope you find your crock pot soon!


Michele sent me.

8:24 AM  
Blogger blaze said...

I really enjoyed you cooking food website. I also have a site about cooking food Please take a look. I hope you will find it interesting

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home