Blogger Profile

Name: La Nina
Location:
  New Jersey

I'm a Jersey girl without the big hair or the accent (well, most of the time anyway), but with all of the bad driving and the penchant for weekly manicures.
Oh, and I'm an interior design student. That's how all of the weird terminology comes into play.

View My Complete Profile

Thursday, May 05, 2005
Crawl Space
CRAWL SPACE - A low space above or below the house, just tall enough to permit such work as jacking up a sagging ground floor from below or installing ceiling fixtures above. (from the Creative Homeowner Glossary)

I have dug myself into a hole.


It's been nearly a month since I last wrote here. I've found the vicious cycle of blog malaise to be extremely overpowering. Odd, since malaise is hugely based in apathy.

I have dug myself into a hole. Holes suck.

I'm not apathetic though. In fact, quite the opposite. I just feel that I've got nothing to write about since this whole period of my life -- i.e. the time I spend here until my train takes me to Boston on May 24th -- to boil down to anxious anticipation. All I can think about is the future. The present is just something I tolerate, and why write about something I just tolerate? I mean, how boring is that?

I am now slowly crawling out of the hole. I'm ruining my manicure in the process, but so what?

Only now am I realizing that this is totally the wrong approach. Instead of tolerating it I should appreciate it for what it represents. When I look back on this period in a couple of months, I'll value it as a time when I woke up each morning full of excitement and hope. As a time when I spent every free moment I could with my family since my visits with them will be most likely few and far between once the move happens. As a time when I could stick my head outside and and revel in the fact that I wasn't friggin' freezing. And that memory would be a much clearer one if only I would just get out of my funk and document it. So here I am.

I am noticing lots of other holes in my path.

Recently, I've watched some of my favorite blog writers fall off the map (
Aussie Shiraz and Pink Poppy, where are you?). I can to an extent understand why. Life gets in the way sometimes. But since this is all about me after all, I hope that they come back as soon as they realize the void their absence has placed in my life.

A big gaping hole, if you will.

LINK ALERT
Thanks for putting up with me while I work out my *ahem* blog issues. If you're more up for entertainment, Wading in the Velvet Sea has a truly enjoyable music compilation challenge. I could spend all day with it, but somebody else really ought to take a turn first.

    posted by La Nina @ 3:59 PM  

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

It's really been the same way with me, too. Life's just gotten in the way, and through its ups and downs, I haven't had the time or inclination to really blog. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, but it's slow going...

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home