Blogger Profile

Name: La Nina
Location:
  New Jersey

I'm a Jersey girl without the big hair or the accent (well, most of the time anyway), but with all of the bad driving and the penchant for weekly manicures.
Oh, and I'm an interior design student. That's how all of the weird terminology comes into play.

View My Complete Profile

Friday, July 15, 2005
Return

RETURN - The piece of an L-shaped desk that is perpendicular to the main desk unit, which provides extra working or computer space. (from the FurnitureQuest.com Glossary)

So I've been absent for a while. Sorry. (I'm just as much apologizing to myself for slacking as I am to you, perhaps moreso.)

A lot's happened since that piece about the boxes in May. ("Duh!" The masses cry.) I'm now a Jersey Girl in Boston taking four art studio classes a week in preparation to start my interior design masters degree in the Fall. My man and I have found an apartment in a two family house in the Boston suburbs and are preparing for an August 1st move-in. (You can read all about the painting process we've gone through here.)

I currently live in a dorm and I hate everything about it, from the noise to the crowds to the 18 year-olds with no manners. I am old. I still get carded frequently but I am most definitely old. I knew it for certain when I called security on those little brats for waking me up at one in the morning.


In the dormitory, the lava lamp becomes objet d'art.

Re: the four art studio classes, I take back everything I've ever said prior to now about being busy and stressed. I had NO FLIPPING IDEA what either of those terms even meant before now. The last six weeks have proved to be one of the hardest challenges I've ever lived through. The homework is tremendous. Most nights I get about 4 hours of sleep, particularly when I first started. I am constantly covered in either paint, clay, charcoal, or sawdust and my weekly manicures are a thing of the past. Okay, so they are now bimonthly manicures. Wanna make something of it?


I now work with clay lots, but I still don't work with Patrick Swayze. Big bummer there.

I feel though, that this "hardest challenge" is of the type that reaps the biggest reward. I've met seven really nice, very talented and extremely hardworking women with whom I share my classes. I've got three great teachers from whom I've learned a lot. I've experienced improvement in my artwork like you wouldn't believe. And I've actually got a full portfolio! No wait, two portfolios! Certainly couldn't say that two months ago.

So now I'm back. I'm not going to write every day like I used to. My style may change. That's all groovy though. Change is good. I'm just glad I get to live through changes like this.

    posted by La Nina @ 9:57 AM  

6 Comments:

Blogger VDOprincess said...

So glad you're back, La Nina!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Hello, just caught up with you, also glad you're back and very glad things are working out so well for you.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous jen said...

Yay, you're back!

10:09 AM  
Blogger pinksundrops said...

Change is wonderful, and I agree with you that sometimes the hardest times are the ones that produce the best results! So glad you're back, we look forward to your new style, sounds like it'll be just as much fun as your old!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

Welcome to the area. We thought we'd roll out the heat and humidity, just for you, so you'd feel like you were home! ;)

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graet Blog. I have found another blog that may also be useful. You can find it at beam decorating interior

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home