Blogger Profile

Name: La Nina
Location:
  New Jersey

I'm a Jersey girl without the big hair or the accent (well, most of the time anyway), but with all of the bad driving and the penchant for weekly manicures.
Oh, and I'm an interior design student. That's how all of the weird terminology comes into play.

View My Complete Profile

Saturday, December 31, 2005
Natural Finish
Natural Finish: A transparent finish that doesn’t seriously alter the original grain or color of the natural wood. Natural finishes are usually applied with oils, varnishes, and or similar materials. (From the Furniturequest.com glossary)

It's been four months since I posted here. I've completed two semesters of my interior design master's degree, and they've been very tough, busy, overwhelming, and highly enjoyable months.

I have a lot to look forward to: a trip to Rancho La Puerta with my mom in January, an internship with a residential interior designer in the upcoming semester, and five weeks in Florence, Italy as part of the school's summer program.

What I cherish most of all is my life right now. I'm here in the apartment I designed, with a boyfriend I'm nuts about, and tonight we're just going to stay in.


My favorite room...

Sometimes I'm quietly surprised that I don't need a huge party to bring in the New Year. Tonight it's just us, a steak dinner, champagne, and a mini-marathon of "24". And the God's honest truth is, I couldn't be happier or more excited.


You only have a few hours left, folks. Study up.

My biggest wish right now is that all who celebrate this night do so in a way that feels natural and true to themselves. Happy New Year, everyone.

    posted by La Nina @ 10:39 AM  

3 Comments:

Anonymous pinksundrops said...

This is beautiful. You sound like you are in such a happy place in your life right now. I'm so glad you took the time off from here that you needed to to get situated and happy and content in where you are at. I'm using my blog to ride out the bumps, but I wonder if I should just stay quiet until it's all over, but then I wonder if it will ever be over. Sorry didn't mean to get all depressing on you. I really am so happy for you. Happy New Year!

10:52 PM  
Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

Sounds like a great experience, I love Italy! Your room looks very nice, as it should considering your vocation :) Glad to see you back to blogging too.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous pinksundrops said...

I tried to comment again on this a few days ago but it wouldn't let me, so here's what I said...

I don't know how I didn't notice that was your apartment and that you designed it before! It is GORGEOUS. So. Um. Can you come over and design my place?

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home